Wondering what’s better between affinity photo and Photoshop? Which should you use for photo editing? To help you choose which between the two perfectly fits your needs, this article presents you with a head-to-head comparison.
Although both Photoshop and affinity photo are professional photo editing programs, each of them has its own pros and cons.
What’s An Affinity Photo?
Affinity photo is a raster-based photo editing software. It’s a quality photo editor that deserves your attention. Built by Serif, Affinity Photo is a great path to venture into the world of photo editing. Not to mention that it also comes with a publication tool.
Affinity Photos modular interface comprises five sections. These include the Photo Persona, Export Persona, Develop Persona, Tone Mapping Persona, and Liquify Persona. Export Persona makes it easier for you to export images in raw, PNG, TIFF, JPEG, etc.
What is Photoshop?
Photoshop is a great photo editing software. It’s for both professionals and beginners. It has a complicated interface but comes with numerous tools for image editing.
With numerous upgrades over the years, Photoshop has grown to become a leading image editor. Today, almost everyone thinks photo-editing means Photoshop. Photoshop offers many handy plugins, brushes, fonts, textures, etc.
Professional photographers can take advantage of the customer masks and layers in Photoshop. It’s a great software for photo editing, with no limitations.
Differences Between Photoshop Vs. Affinity Photo
Photoshop and affinity photos are used in professional graphic design. But which of the two is the best software. We’ll help you decide that after comparing the features and cost.
Let’s start by comparing the key features of Photoshop and affinity photo to see who’s the winner.
Affinity Photo Key Features
- It offers real-time editing and live tools
- Its toolset is more efficient and much faster.
- No subscription charges and offers a free trial version- even though you must purchase the original program with a costly and single payment.
- A more user-friendly interface that’s easier to use than Photoshop
- Has a complete set of 16-bit filters and can redo or undo 8000 history steps when editing.
- Advanced layer control with limitless layers
Photoshop Key Features
- Great-unlimited ability to edit photos – users can extend the functionality with plugins and add-on programs.
- Photoshop’s pen tool offers a simple way to select objects
- Users can fix defects and curve with a Photoshop stamp tool. This allows users to remove or duplicate objects from the photos.
- The slicing and cropping tools are highly advanced in Photoshop.
- Comes with a wide range of tools including the magnetic lasso tool, lasso tool, and marquee tool are highly effective for selection.
- Video editing capability.
- You can design paintings and 3D illustrations in Photoshop
- Photoshop also provides Adobe Camera Raw enhancements and 360-panorama workflow.
Affinity Photo Cost
Affinity photo has a one-time payment for mac and windows £36. But the iPad version is available for only £14.5. Also, you can use the free trial version for mac and windows before buying.
Photoshop has 3 different pricing plans, meaning you can choose whatever suits your budget. Photoshop’s monthly plan is available for £22.7, a yearly plan but paid monthly at £15.15, and the yearly-prepaid plan going for £173. Photoshop requires a yearly or monthly subscription.
Photoshop includes some additional benefits to their plans. They all offer users access to the latest updates and features including 100GB cloud storage amongst others.
Now the question of who’s the winner between Affinity Photo And Photoshop, picking the winner wasn’t easy but we can see Photoshop emerges on top with its editing capabilities and unlimited features.
But affinity photo is a close competitor.
Collins, B. (2021, January 19). This brilliant Photoshop alternative is free for 90 days. Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/barrycollins/2021/01/19/this-brilliant-photoshop-alternative-is-free-for-90-days/
The best photo editing apps for Android and Ios. (2019, June 26). Wirecutter: Reviews for the Real World. https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-photo-editing-apps-for-android-ios/
Dowling, S. (2012, November 22). Did the Lomo camera save film photography? BBC News. https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-20434270